Monday, July 4, 2011

Thanks to Our Troops

As I join my family and friends on the Fourth of July, I would like to thank the good Lord for the freedoms we enjoy so blithely in the United States of America. I say, blithely, because while we go about out lives, day in....day out, it is so easy to take freedom for granted. As we have our cookouts and fireworks, we should remember that these freedoms are a result of the dedication of our Service Members stationed throughout the world. Their steadfast commitment enables us to live and travel in relative safety. If I see a member of our Armed Forces on my travels, I make it a point to say "Thank you." If I'm able, I will hand them a few dollars for lunch. Usually, the recipient is embarrassed, but gracious. However, I believe it is important that each person in uniform personally realize that we are thankful. I also believe that, in this suffering economy, they have less money to go around, than we do.

As we celebrate our freedoms today, please join me in prayer for our Armed Forces.

Check out my photos at http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/PhotosbyCathi/Scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment