Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Overcast and Gloomy in Clairemont

When I awoke at 6:30am, I saw that this day was starting out with gray skies.  Around 7:30am, I ventured out to morning Mass honoring the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  As I started the car, the windshield was covered with little droplets, which I felt as I left the building.  The windshield wipers did their job, but as I drove I realized that I had to continually use them.  Strange for San Diego in August.  As I reached the Mother of Confidence Church, in LaJolla, it was actually raining.  Again, in August?  WOW.

We often have gray clouds early in the morning, but it burns off around 9 or 10 am.  Not this morning.  The temperature remained cool for the whole day.  I chose to skip the pool.

Later in the afternoon, took a walk to Starbucks about one block away.  Haven't been there often, but when I have occasion to go in, I find the people, of all ages, quietly working on their computers. Some seem like students working together.  Older customers might be reading while they enjoy their coffee.  This Starbucks was the reason I pursued a home in this area.  Not because of the store, but the people I saw inside.  I reckoned that if this environment was calm and inviting, the neighborhood might be as well.  After a year of living in Clairemont, I found this to be true.

This cloudy day resulted in accomplishing laundry chores, knitting, etc.  No matter what the situation, what matters is how you use it.  Tomorrow, back to the pool.


Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog.
Please feel free to share a comment

Perhaps by Catherine Hall (on Kindle and the Nook) 

The Book of Micah by Catherine Hall (on Kindle and the Nook) 

No comments:

Post a Comment