Monday, November 13, 2017

Exceedingly Busy Month

I was in New York for the month of October visiting my daughters, driving around researching answers for a need of a loved on.  Then unexpectedly, I spent about 10 days with my youngest granddaughters because each was home from school for five days on separate occasions, due to illness.  When the younger child returned to school, the older child became ill.

I was very, very busy.  I think I put about 600 miles in a borrowed car just doing local driving.  I appreciated the time I spent with my daughters and granddaughters.  And, I was very grateful to be needed.  Time is fleeting and every moment precious.

Here in San Diego, I've established a routine of exercise, knitting and teaching knitting, playing Words with Friends with mostly younger friends, staying up-to-date with social media, and occasionally meeting friends for lunch.

When I visit New York, I usually am able to visit long-time friends.  Not this time, though.

My friend, Katie, who always makes time to drive up from the City when I'm in town, joined me for lunch at Homespun Foods on Main Street in Beacon NY.  They have a garden in the rear of the restaurant.  It was a very busy place.  Since it was 'Second Saturday' in Beacon, I found the atmosphere chaotic. When we sat down in the garden, the scene was calmer, with the buzz of conversation from other tables.  I chose a cheese and fruit platter for lunch.  It was delicious and refreshing.  It was too large a serving for me, so home it came in a box. I do recommend this restaurant and would lunch there on another visit to New York.

One of my daughters decided I needed a break.  So, that same evening, she and her daughter drove to Beacon and took me to a painting class.  I chose a fairly simple painting to copy.  My daughter purchased a tiny bottle of wine for me, which I hardly touched.  Unlike all the other patrons, I was unable to relax as I worked on the painting.  My granddaughter suggested that next time, I just paint whatever I want....a good suggestion.  However, I don't know if there will be a 'next time.'  For me, it was too stressful.

My 'busyness' resulted in a month that just literally sped by.  Hopefully, next year, I'll visit more.  Maybe next year, I'll obtain colorful fall photos.  Maybe next year, we'll have time for a game of cards.  I always enjoy seeing my daughter's friends and all the delightful banter that ensues. 

Maybe next year, I'll visit Ireland and climb Croagh Patrick.  Maybe next year, I'll cruise through the Panama Canal.  I always wanted to go through the locks. That's why I wanted to go through the Canal instead of to the Canal.  Who knows what adventures I may enjoy next year.

I read that Tiffany's in New York opened a Cafe.  I will definitely 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' in the Spring.  It was one of my favorite movies, way back when.... 

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. 
Please feel free to share a comment
 

Perhaps by Catherine Hall (on Kindle and the Nook) 

The Book of Micah by Catherine Hall (on Kindle and the Nook) 



No comments:

Post a Comment