Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Walking around Downtown San Diego


Today, I went to Downtown San Diego and just walked around. On Mother's Day, my daughter had to run an errand which took us down to the more residential area below Broadway. When I saw the area, it brought back memories of walking through these neighborhoods probably ten years ago.

So, today I decided to go back for a quiet walk and take some pictures. First I walked down Fourth Avenue through the Gaslight area (mostly restaurants) from Broadway to the Convention Center by San Diego Bay. The fabricated sails, which are built into the roof, compliment the nautical flavor of the City.




I rounded the hotels to the back to the Embarcadero. Usually there are many yachts moored behind the Marriott. I've been told that often these yachts are owned by famous people. The whole area is beautiful and inviting.

The weather was just right and the sky, an azure blue. So, I continued walking around taking pictures of anything that interested me, like the passing sailboats. As I left the Embarcadero passing Seaport Village (picture below right), I saw a very talented man building sculptures from the rocks on the edge of the Bay. I walked on past the USS Midway Museum, making a mental note to schedule a tour. Perhaps my grandson would like to go when he visits.

I ended my delightful afternoon by boarding the trolley at the Sante Fe Station.







Check out more of my photos at http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/PhotosbyCathi/Scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment