Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mission Trails Regional Park



On Friday, I went to Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego with my San Diego grandchildren and my daughter from Cardiff.   As we walked into the entrance to the Visitor's Center, there were automated recordings of the sounds of the animals found in the Park.  When we came through the door, a young man approached us to see if we needed any assistance.  It was evident that the main focus of the Center was education.


I was amazed that my 5 1/2 year old grandson remembered everything about the Center from his class trip in June.  And, I mean everything.  He was so happy to be there as he went from  exhibit to exhibit.  As we went up the ramp to the second floor, he practically danced.  As we reached the second floor, there were some exhibits that interested his sister, age 9.  She took the time to examine everything.  He, on the other hand, made a beeline for a video and stayed there taking it all in.  His mother, who later joined us, advised me that his field trip was for all the kindergarten children in his school, a total of 60 children.  So, I surmised that he had not had the opportunity to see the video that day and was happy to have it all to himself on Friday.


We returned to the Main Floor and went out the glass doors to view the Fortuna and Cowles Mountains (shown above).  The children weren't as interested in the view as I.  My grandson had his magnifying glass in his pocket and was soon examining the leaves of the plants along the walk.  Before long, his mother met us there and continued the tour with the children and I took my leave for an appointment in San Diego.


I enjoyed going to the Mission Trails Visitor's Center and would like to hike one of the trails someday.

Please feel free to share a comment

Check out my other photos

2 comments: