Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wildlife

Brown Pelican fishing for lunch at Fasmosa Slough



My life has been fairly quiet this summer, so I've attached some photographs of birds I've taken at the Famosa Slough and, of butterflies in my daughter's back yard in Clairemont (a neighborhood in San Diego.)  Please note that I'm a beginner, when it comes to nature.  After carefully matching my photos to those of others on the Internet, I've added captions under each.

Western Kingbird


Western Kingbird



Gulf Fritillary in Clairemont, San Diego, CA
  I searched the Internet for hours looking for a match to the photograph of the butterfly to the left.  It has such a distinctive head, I believed that somewhere there might be a photo.   Then, last night, as I reviewed another group of pictures of butterflies.  There was the match I was looking for, a Gulf Fritillary.

Fiery Skipper at Famosa Slough

Monarch in Clairemont, San Diego CA

Same Monarch with open wings


































Black-crowned Night Heron







After hearing other bird watchers speak about the Black-crowned Night Heron, I've been looking for it for quite some time.  When I finally spotted the bird yesterday as I walked near the Famosa Slough, it seemed like I was the one being watched.

Please feel free to share a comment 

Check out my other photos

No comments:

Post a Comment