Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mexicali Blue

Here in New York, we've had several days of rain.  I was happy to see that today the weather was changing.  As this weather pattern moved on, we experienced a very cold wind.  The temperature was 63 degrees.  The wind was 24 mph, gusting to 35 mph. My daughter and I and the two youngest children in the family, attended a surprise birthday party for a long-time dear friend at Bowdoin Park in Wappingers Falls.  Most of the people had winter jackets on, in the end of May.

I don't consider cold weather my friend, thus living in San Diego, CA.  After an hour, we left and took the children to McDonald's in Wappingers Falls.  I walked a few stores over to a mexican restaurant named Mexicali Blue in the small complex.  It was so cold, I ordered the Black Bean soup to go so I could join the rest of the family at McDonald's.  The soup was good.  It had spices that hit the back of my throat.  The staff was very friendly.  The restaurant, clean and inviting, serves Southwestern and California-style food.  I would return for a taco or burrito.

Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to rise to 73 degrees, more to my liking.

Please feel free to share a comment

Check out my other photos

No comments:

Post a Comment