Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day celebration started with lunch on Saturday at Cosimo's on Delafield Street in Poughkeepsie, NY.  My three New York daughters and I enjoyed a delicious meal.  We started with Wood fired Crab and Artichoke fondue with Brick-oven Foccacia and Caprese.  Absolutely delicious.
Then we ordered sandwiches.  I had the Steak Sizzler, which was Rosemary scented Rib-eye with peppers, Gorgonzola and crispy onions.  Since I had the appetizer, I opened half the sandwich and enjoyed the steak, etc. and brought the other half home for one of my grandsons.  When I returned to my Beacon daughter's home, this grandson had returned from reffing a soccer game so he relished the half sandwich.  When I checked the online menu, I discovered that this restaurant has a "small plate" offering.  I probably would have  enjoyed something from that menu instead of the larger lunch.  Perhaps another time.

On Sunday, after Mass in Fishkill, I joined two daughters, their families as wells as one of my son-in-law's parents (very good friends) at the Bull and Budha Restaurant on Main Street in Poughkeepsie for their Mother's Day Brunch.  My appetizer was a crab and avocado salad.  It was so good that I decided to ask my son-in-law who is a Chef Instructor at the Culinary School at the Art Institute in San Diego to make it for my birthday.  The entree was skirt steak with a corn and edame mixture on the side.  There were two choices for dessert, a chocolate lava cake with pistachio and coconut filling, and the Chef's cheesecake.  I chose the Chef's cheesecake (his own recipe).  This will be another request for my son-in-law.

A lot of eating for one weekend, though I actually eat only a small portion of each course.  I recommend both restaurants, which I consider upscale.


Please feel free to share a comment

Check out my other photos

No comments:

Post a Comment