Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year 2014

I hope your celebration of Jesus' birth was good.  I celebrated with the East Coast children and their families.  On Christmas Eve, we phoned all the other members of our immediate family in Seattle Washington, San Diego California and in Tucson AZ.  Each family member lit a candle and shared their wish for 2014.  It was a very moving and uplifting experience.

Above is a picture of birds at the feeder on a cold, blustery December day.  I really wasn't prepared for the cold, cold days with 15 and 16 degree days.  There's more snow coming later this week,

On the 20th, my sister and I took Metro North to New York City to see the Christmas decoration.  We visited St. Patrick's Cathedral.  We made our way through the restoration areas to the main altar pictured below.

St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York NY

 Then, on to Rockefeller Center to see the tree (shown below).  Surprisingly, the area, while crowded, wasn't too crowded.  I love the hustle and bustle of the City, but not when it's overcrowded.


We had lunch at Cucina & Co. in the Met Life Building.   I've been there several times and certainly recommend this restaurant.  Then on to the Empire State Building and took a photo of Lower New York City from the 86th floor Observation Deck (pictured below).


It was a very enjoyable day.  However, as the afternoon came to a close, I wasn't feeling well.  When I arrived home, I went to bed early.  The next morning, I was totally done in and had to cancel my lunch date with my friend, Katie. The rest of that day, as well as the next, was spent in bed.


 It is my prayer that you have 
a Happy and Healthy New Year 2014

Please feel free to share a
comment

Check out my other photos

The Book of Micah
(Now on Kindle and on the Nook)















No comments:

Post a Comment