Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fun and Pampering Weekend

This weekend I enjoyed bowling with my Beacon daughter and her three children. While my score was very low and I broke a nail (alas, alack), it was a lot of fun. I'm sure my preoccupation with ice on sidewalks and parking lots was a bit annoying to die-hard skiers, but they were great about it.

Then, on Sunday afternoon, I had an in-house massage by Karin Ericson of Me Too Massage, Fishkill, NY (www.metoomassages.com). My daughter thought I should have it because of the schedule I've been keeping (four nights in one house, three nights in the next, etc.) It was certainly a real treat and I was very relaxed at the completion.

It actually fortified me for my trek back to Queens. While the train ride was fine, the No. 7 subway was delayed. When I got to the platform, it was literally filled with people waiting for the next train. The announcement came on the loud speaker apologizing for the delay and stating that the cause was signal problems.

In Grand Central, I purchased a Woman's World (my favorite magazine). In it there was an article, You are Beautiful, written by Amy Oscar. It is about a young woman who started a website called Operation Beautiful. I think it is a great idea to remind ourselves and our female friends of our beauty, inner and outer. Check out my favorite magazine, as well as OperationBeautiful.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment