Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Eat Out" Weekend in Dutchess County

This weekend I visited with my daughters and started a weekend of eating out. On Friday evening, we went to Frank's Pizzeria & Restaurant in Wappingers Falls, NY. It was hard to find parking, but it was worth the effort. I hadn't been there in years. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the waitress and other workers were very nice. I ordered Lasagna, which was okay, but one of my daughters had Eggplant Parmesan. I took a taste and I was sold. The eggplant was sliced very thinly and the dish was delicious. I would definitely order that next time. Then we shared the Chocolate Lava cake, which was served with ice cream. Wonderful!

Then, the next day, I went shopping with my sister and stopped at Twist Burger in Hopewell Junction. I enjoyed a cheeseburger with guacamole and an order of onion rings. My sister ordered a regular hamburger with lettuce and tomato. She chose french fries, which she offered to share with me. I tried a few and they were great. The portions were generous and more than I am used to eating.

On Sunday, my LaGrange daughter took me to Babycakes Cafe in Poughkeepsie, across from Vassar College. She ordered the quiche. When it came, it was accompanied with a very appetizing salad. She mentioned to me that as much as she enjoyed it, it was too bad that the quiche was mostly spinach and only two tablespoons of eggs. I, on the other hand, ordered pancakes with bananas. The pancakes were light and I was delighted that I ordered them. The presentation of both meals was very inviting. I would go there again. My daughter told me that they also had great desserts. Maybe we could work it in when we visit the photographic exhibit at the Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center at Vassar College. Already scheduled to return to Queens, it wasn't possible today, but I'm looking forward to it.

And then that evening, on the way to Jackson Heights with my Queens daughter, we stopped at Five Guys in Whitestone NY. My daughter and her husband really enjoyed their hamburgers and fries. I could barely fit in a kosher hot dog.

Of course, I could have said, "No thanks." What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment