Monday, August 19, 2013

Waiting for Candy Ticket

Three days since I realized I was just too engaged in Candy Crush.  Since then, with sheer determination, I've been able to put first things first.  I've read my Bible and taken my walk.  This morning we had a marine layer preventing the sun and heat.  It is 63 degrees.  I took my first three-mile fast walk (at least fast for me) since the beginning of April.  When I was at Parris Island I noticed how the US Marines stood when they were at ease.  So, I've been practicing that stance.  The marines I saw clasped their hands behind their body.  I tried it and found it caused me to square my shoulders, where I tend to round them.  This morning, as I walked, I thought "shoulders back, abs in" over and over.  I have to remind myself, of course, since it isn't natural to me.  However, it has been said that if you continue something for 21 days, it becomes a habit.  We'll see.  To be truthful, I actually managed to fast walk only two and one-half miles.  When the sun started to break through, I relinquished my quest of three miles.

As far as habits are concerned, two kind Candy Crush friends have provided tickets to cross the bridge to the next level in the game.  I'm waiting with bated breath for that third person to help me.  Then, on I'll go.  For me it is addictive, but I think it will be okay as long as I keep it in check.  (smile, smile)


Please feel free to share a comment

Check out my other photos

Check out The Book of Micah 

No comments:

Post a Comment