Thursday, June 13, 2013

Congratulations to the Post Office

Yesterday, I was at the Wappingers Falls NY Post Office to mail Father's Day cards.  A couple ahead of me on line was unfamiliar with sending a gift through the mail.  As they told this to the clerk, he explained Express Mail or Priority Mail and told them the price of each service.  Then, the clerk showed the couple how the box was reversible, that is, one side was to be used for Express Mail and the reverse side for Priority Mail.  I don't know how long they have been doing this, but what a great idea.  This one cost-saving change cut down the amount of boxes needed to provide to the public.  I hope the employee who suggested this was given a promotion.  We need more people who think like this in our Post Office.  Also, the clerk displayed the epitome of customer service.  In light of my  complaints about this organization, I am happy to share these positive notes.  In my opinion, this is evidence of the Post Office getting it right.  Congratulations.

Please feel free to share a comment

Check out my other photos

No comments:

Post a Comment