Thursday, August 26, 2010

Favorite San Diego Restaurants

A few weeks ago, my daughter's husband and children went with their grandparents to the mountains (not my daughter's "thing"). After spending a day resting, she called me to invite me to dinner. And, of course, without taking a breath, I said, "Yes." We went to Sammy's Woodfired Pizza in Point Loma to celebrate our birthdays, which occur within days of each other. She had not been to Sammy's since she moved to New York about four years ago. When we used to eat there, we would share a small "five cheese" pizza without the Gorgonzola cheese because our shared "Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad" came with that cheese. That's exactly what we ate that day. It was scrumptious. Of course, I had been on a very strict diet....always trying to lose weight. Even so, we both ate heartily and enjoyed every bite. Then we topped it off with a shared dessert, "Apple Empanadas" served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I've always liked Sammy's and have visited here in Point Loma, as well in Mission Valley with friends. It was especially nice to celebrate here with my daughter.

Then, on my birthday, the same daughter and her two children (seven and three years old) took me to my favorite Italian restaurant in San Diego, Filippi's in Pacific Beach. As soon as we arrived and were seated, the waitress brought two plates to the table. On each was a piece of pizza dough resting on some flour. What a great idea! The children immediately got busy working with the dough. Their creations kept them busy until the meal arrived.

I had a hefty serving of delicious lasagna and a l-a-r-g-e meatball. I ate half of each. It was delicious, but it was very filling. I'll admit it. I ate some bread. My daughter ordered ravioli and the children had spaghetti and shared a large meatball. When the waitress brought a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a candle in it, I just couldn't touch it. We all enjoyed our meal.

The service and atmosphere was great, and the food, delicious. I'd recommend this restaurant, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment