Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer has arrived in San Diego


For the past two months, we have had many cloudy days, which is unusual. About one week ago, the sun came out from behind the clouds and we have had mostly blue skies since. Also, the heat has arrived.

San Diego is said to have the most temperate climate in the United States. I'd venture that the temps rest in the 60's and 70's. When I first moved here, the people at work said that the summer months in San Diego were August and September. I was surprised since I was used to the East Coast where the real summer heat came in June, July and August, cooling off by Labor Day.

Well, as I said before, the heat has arrived. Since I live near the Coast, my 78 or 80 doesn't hold a candle to about 10 miles inland where it is about 10 degrees hotter. The 78 or 80 I experience is hot since there is no shade. I like to walk as exercise, but during this time, I have to wait until it is almost dark. Ho-hum, poor me.

Last week, I went with my daughter and her children to the Bay at Mission Beach. That is the plus factor. We don’t go to the actual beach at this time of the year because it is quite crowded and parking is a challenge, to say the least.

While my daughter was so happy that "summer finally arrived", I was longing for the clouds. However, I know that once the end of September comes, I'll be very comfortable again.

No comments:

Post a Comment