Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tecolote Canyon Revisited



This afternoon I returned to the Tecolote Canyon Visitor's Center and entered the garden to see if I could get better photographs of the Cedar Waxwing.  Yesterday the Center was closed so the photos I took did not do the bird any justice.  Hopefully, the collage shown above will provide a greater appreciation.

Yesterday, I did find a green and yellow bird.  I researched it and believe it to be a Lesser Goldfinch (shown below).  This was a bird that greeted me as soon as I arrived yesterday.  Its brilliant yellow color was very uplifting to someone ready for blossoms on the trees.




I also found a bird in a large bush near the entrance, but could not see the whole bird.  What I did find interesting was that it had a curled bill.  I gave up on the bird, but found it or another bird just like it in on the side of the trail.  It was a California Thrasher.

California Thrasher

California Thrasher
 
 I noticed that I seemed to have company as I traveled up and down the trail.  I find it difficult to identify hummingbirds, but always try to get a good photograph.






Please feel free to share a
comment

Check out my other photos

The Book of Micah 

(Now on Kindle and on the Nook)







No comments:

Post a Comment